Gyasi comes from both the Blackfeet and Suquamish Indian Nations and has gained visibility nationally as a representative of his community through frequent network television appearances and regular contributions to Huffington Post, Gawker, Deadspin and Indian Country Today.
Gyasi’s debut record resonates, ignites, and inspires while entertaining the senses. This music is alive with history, perspective and importance. This is a release that needs to be heard.
ISSKOOTSIK (Before Here Was Here) is the first product of a new collaboration between K and Cabin Games, a Native American-owned cross-genre music source launched by Rich Jensen (Sub Pop/Up Records) and Brodie Stevens.
- Border Town
- Marlon Brando (feat. Sacred Water)
- The Bohemian Spot
- Jesus (feat. Martin Sensmeier - flute)
- Interlude (Percy Bullchild)
- Winona LaDuke
- Before Here Was Here (Mike LaFromboise)
- Miss Lady
- Interlude (feat. Nakoa HeavyRunner)
- Night at the Roxbury
- No Assistance [Suicide] (feat. Slug & Richie Dagger's Crime)
- Outro (Geri Bullchild Purcell)
“Vision, commitment and charisma are found in few people. These combined with humility are rare. Gyasi has all these and he represents the best off a new generation of leaders for indigenous and all communities.” (Winona LaDuke)
“In my book, one of the sharpest young intellectuals we have out there.” (Dr. Michael Eric Dyson)