Here is a special collection of compact discs from the Olympia Underground music scene being offered by the Mail Order Dept. It could be thought of as Lois: the Years! It features four of Lois' releases, plus her collaboration with Dub Narcotic Sound System, "Ship to Shore" / "Rougher" [KLP060]. It's a crashpop overload - gotta get it!
This CD Safari sale include:
All six CDs for $15.00!
- Lois Strumpet CD [KLP021]
- It would be difficult to follow up such a stellar debut...unless you are Lois. A guitar-slinger with many tricks up her sleeve and a passel of co-stars: once again Molly Neuman plays drums, with Donna Dresch and Stephen Immerwahr (Codeine) on electric bass guitar.
- Lois Butterfly Kiss CD [KLP015]
- Lois is joined on this album of songs by producer Stuart Moxham on bass and Molly Neuman on drums.
- Lois Shy Town CD [KLP037]
- This is a five-song EP by Lois. "Shy Town" comes from the album Bet the Sky (KLP036). The four additional songs are from a D.C. session produced by Ian MacKaye, with Amy (drums) and Juan (bass) of the Warmers.
- Lois Snapshot Radio CD [KLP057]
- The Lois EP Snapshot Radio was the result of a cross-country road trip. Lois worked with a bunch of different folks from all over: Alan Sparhawk (Low), Damon Locks (Trenchmouth), James McNew (Yo La Tengo), Brendan Canty (Fugazi), and members of Red Red Meat. Of course, Heather Dunn is on board to provide her usual insightful commentary and insect impersonations.
- Lois Infinity Plus CD [KLP058]
- Ten short stories disguised as pop songs. Working with sidekicks Heather Dunn on drums and Brendan Canty on electric guitar, bass and organ, Lois Maffeo has written ten songs that map the heart and decode the complex cryptograms of love and chance. Also appearing on Infinity Plus are Elliott Smith, on the duet "Rougher," and Alan Sparhawk(Low) adding spectral guitar to the tunes "A Summer Long" and "Silent Auction."
- Lois with Dub Narcotic Sound System "Ship to Shore" CD [KLP060]
- A collaboration of Lois with the Dub Narcotic Sound System, it's a dance floor smash! "Ship to Shore" will intoxicate you, "Rougher" (completely different version than found on the Infinity Plus album) keeps you floating above. Some dance remixes by NW DJs round out the set.