The Blow is an electronic pop duo comprised of Khaela Maricich and Melissa Dyne. Maricich and Dyne write, compose, produce and perform all the music. In live performances, the two bandmates work from opposite ends of the room, hugging the audience in between them, with Khaela on the main stage and Melissa on a separate stage at the back of the room. Onlookers stand in the direct path between the performers, encircled and perforated by the call and response of soundwaves, lightbeams and invisible communications between Maricich and Dyne. Together they produced a new album, titled The Blow, released on October 1, 2013. They live in Brooklyn, NY.
- The Blow – Paper Television [KLP178] (2006)
- The Blow - Everyday Examples Of Humans Facing Straight Into The Blow [KLP168] (2005)
- The Blow - Poor Aim: Love Songs [KLP167] (2004)
- The Blow - The Concussive Caress, Or, Casey Caught Her Mom Singing Along With The Vacuum [KLP153] (2004)
- The Blow - Bonus Album [KLP143] (2002)
Also appears on:
- The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2 [KLP190] (2008)
- Mirah - Joyride: Remixes [KLP177] (2006)
- Calvin Johnson - Before The Dream Faded [KLP170] (2005)
- Mirah - C’mon Miracle [KLP160] (2004)
- The Microphones - The Singing From Mt. Eerie [KLP141] (2003)
- The Microphones - Mount Eerie [KLP140] (2003)
- Mirah - Advisory Committee [KLP135] (2002)
- The Microphones - Song Islands [KLP125] (2002)
- The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2 [KLP133] (2001)
- The Microphones - It Was Hot, We Stayed In The Water [KLP116] (2000)
- Mirah - You Think It’s Like This But It’s Really Like This [KLP112] (2000)
- The Microphones - Don’t Wake Me Up [KLP099] (1999)
- The Microphones - “Moon Moon” [IPU095] (1999)
From The Blow’s full length album, Poor Aim: Love Songs and Remixes [KLP167], a collection of songs had to be slick enough to make it on the radio, and smart enough to make both of the collaborators proud.
For booking inquiries please contact email@example.com
No shows booked at the moment.