ARRINGTON DE DIONYSO
Arrington de Dionyso (b. January 4th 1975) makes trans-utopian world music for a world that exists in fever dreams and hallucinations. Using performance and visual art, he traverses the nameless territories held between surrealist automatism, shamanic seance, and the folk imagery of rock and roll. He clarified his eccentric brew of ecstatic lunacy and prophetic madness during his 15 year tour-of-duty with Olympia’s Old Time Relijun (1995-2009).
De Dionyso’s most recent project, Malaikat dan Singa, is a trance-punk outfit featuring bass clarinet, guitars, multiple drummers and his trademark wild vocals (multi-spectral harmonic throatsinging combined with grunts, yelps, and barks) often sung in Indonesian. Malaikat dan Singa translates as “Angels and Lions,” and de Dionyso’s lyrics (both Indonesian and any other language he chooses to ply) fiercely combine mythology and fantasy. As a band Malaikat dan Singa ultimately defies a clean translation gaining power by crossing boundaries — both linguistic and psychic.
Arrington tours constantly both with Malaikat dan Singa and as a versatile solo artist. His visual art has been featured in exhibitions in Italy, New York City, Washington DC and Portland, Oregon and published in Yeti magazine, Prism Index and The Stranger. Arrington has staged his 24-Hour Drawing Performance at a variety of gallery spaces and other unusual spaces throughout the globe, in which he combines musical performance and video screenings with a live drawing marathon.
- TUMBLR: http://arringtondedionyso.tumblr.com/ —> Visual Art / Solo Touring
- TUMBLR: http://malaikatdansinga.tumblr.com/ —> Malaikat Dan Singa News
- FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arrington-de-Dionysos- Malaikat-dan-Singa/143530875665455?fref=ts
- TWITTER: @arringtondd
- Arrington de Dionyso’s Malaikat dan Singa Open the Crown [KLP244] (2013)
- Arrington de Dionyso - Suara Naga [KLP226] (2011)
- Arrington de Dionyso - Malaikat Dan Singa [KLP215] (2009)
- Arrington de Dionyso - I See Beyond the Black Sun [KLP200] (2008)
- Arrington de Dionyso - Breath of Fire [KLP176] (2006)
- Arrington de Dionyso & Old Time Relijun - Varieties of Religious Experience [KLP149] (2003)
Also appears on:
- Chain and the Gang - Music’s Not For Everyone [KLP220] (2011)
- Angelo Spencer et Le Orchidee d’Hawai - “L’Argent” [IPU131] (2011)
- Chain and the Gang - Down With Liberty… Up With Chains! [KLP203] (2009)
- Old Time Relijun – Catharsis In Crisis [KLP184] (2007)
- Old Time Relijun - “Tightest Cage” [IPU110] (2007)
- Old Time Relijun - 2012 [KLP171] (2005)
- Old Time Relijun - Lost Light [KLP159] (2003)
- Mirah – Advisory Committee [KLP135] (2002)
- Old Time Relijun - Witchcraft Rebellion [KLP128] (2000)
- Mirah - You Think It’s Like This But It’s Really Like This [KLP112] (2000)
- Old Time Relijun - La Sirena De Pecera [KLP110] (2000)
- Old Time Relijun - Uterus and Fire [KLP097] (1999)
- Selector Dub Narcotic - Selector Dub Narcotic Compilation [KLP082] (1998)
- Old Time Relijun - “Jail” [DBN109] (1998)
From Arrington de Dionyso’s full length album Suara Naga [KLP226], a pleasant balm for any creative spirit.
By “pleasant”, I mean incendiary.
By “balm”, I mean Cro-Magnon regressive.
By “any”, I mean freaks only.
By “creative”, I mean dangerous.
And by “spirit” I mean the flames of Hell and the flowers of Eden entine upon the nuptial sofas of pleasure, etc….
For booking inquiries please contact email@example.com
No shows booked at the moment.